From: Hugo Duncan (hugoduncan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-01 15:54:51

>> Ideally, though, I was looking for a solution that allowed me to reuse
>> the delay buffer without modifying it. That way it could be used as a
>> lower layer for any algorithm that needed recent time history. Maybe I
>> am
>> being over ambitious...
>
> The coupling of the cache_size and the coefficients parameters has to be
> expressed in code somewhere. Where do you suggest?

It would be nice to do it in the filter code. The coefficents parameter
is a parameter of the filter after all, and the use of the delay can be
looked at as an implementation detail. If the filter constructor (body)
could access the delay buffer, then the delay buffer could expose a method
to allow resizing. Is that possible?