From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-03 11:51:47

David Abrahams wrote:
>>> to be able to easily and quickly rollback anything that risks to
>>> destabilize the stable / release branch.
>>
>> Totally, Totally wrong here.
>>
>> The only way to make things work is to integrate pieces in one at a
>> time in digestble chunks.

I was really responding to the whole idea that its normal and OK
to merge errors into the next release. Of course this could happen
but I would hope that it would come to be an unusual occurence
outside of the expected workings of the system.

In other words, I'm not really responding to the specific statement
but rather the whole world view that we "add stuff in and see
what breaks" which suggests a lot of rolling in/rolling out
of changes.

Robert Ramey