From: Thomas Witt (witt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-03 15:39:50

Andreas,

Ames, Andreas (Andreas) wrote:
> [...]

My argument is more about focus and order than it is about tools vs. process. Our
resources are limited we are not spending them well.

>> PS: Have you ever managed the release of a large open source
>> project?
>
> That's not a factual argument but an argument by authority and thus
> unfair.

Oh it was never intended to be a factual argument, nor one of authority BTW. To some
degree it was a genuine question. If you haven't the chances are very high that you have
no idea what you are talking about. Well at least I didn't when I started.

> Have you ever developed a popular (at least counting related
> posts on boost-user) open source lib like Boost.Serialization?

The point is that I am not trying to tell Robert that he has no idea how to do library
development.

Thomas

--
Thomas Witt