From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-03 17:38:51

Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> Robert Ramey wrote:
>
>> We're running development tests on our local system against
>> the latest release. There is currently no real value in creating
>> a branch because that branch is never going to get tested
>> anywhere besides one's local machine anyway.
>
> How does this actually work ? I have been proposing changes to
> Boost.Build (v2) to allow an individual library to be built / tested
> against an installed (or at least, external) boost tree providing
> the prerequisites.
> Up to now, this isn't quite possible, IIUC, so your statement
> makes me wonder how you achieved this.

I have made a variation of the program compiler status - called library
status. It generates a table for one library which includes ALL the
build variants for a library rather than just one.

You can see the output of his program at www.rrsd.com
Follow the boost link

I run it from my serialization/test directory with the following shell
script

if test $# -eq 0
then
    echo "Usage: $0 <bjam arguments>"
    echo "Typical bjam arguements are:"
    echo " --toolset=msvc-7.1,gcc"
    echo " variant=debug,release,profile"
    echo " link=static,shared"
    echo " threading=single,multi"

else
    bjam --dump-tests $@ >bjam.log 2>&1
    process_jam_log --v2 <bjam.log
    library_status library_status.html links.html
fi

I needed this because the regression test don't test all the combinations
I require debug/release, link-static/ and the current display tools
only display one combination in any case.

Robert Ramey