From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-07 16:50:29

Ion Gaztañaga wrote:
> K. Noel Belcourt wrote:
>> Because I run the boost regression tests like this
>>
>> python regression.py --runner="Sandia-gcc" --mail=kbelco_at_[hidden] --
>> bjam-toolset=gcc --pjl-toolset=gcc --toolsets="gcc-3.4.3,gcc-4.0.1" --
>> bjam-options=-j4
>>
>> So bjam is clearly building / running both named_recursive tests at
>> the same time. Am I not permitted to run the boost regression tests
>> for multiple toolsets in a single invocation?
>
> Ummm. Both test might be writing to the same shared memory overwriting
> their contents. Can you try to run them separately? Otherwise I might
> need to create a unique shared memory name (I create a new name for each
> compiler name, but not for different versions of the same compiler).

Ion, you'll have to fix the names. We went through a fair amount of work
to make it possible to run test in parallel. It's an important feature
as it reduces testing time considerably, even if you only have 1 CPU.

Note, it may not only be for different compiler versions. If you have
different tests that can clobber each other, it's possible they will
clobber each other when run on a single compiler test run is they tests
run at the same time.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything