From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-08 10:03:19

on Tue Jul 17 2007, "Michael Fawcett" <michael.fawcett-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> P.S. - Where does the math part fit in? Another separate math
> library? Needs to be heavily optimized for speed, vectors and
> matrices need to be guaranteed contiguous in memory, need support for
> row major vs column major...
>
> Create from scratch?
> Wait for the Matrix Template Library 4.0 which is "coming soon"? (I
> don't know if it does what is needed)
> Modify/Extend Boost.uBLAS and Boost.Quaternion?

MTL status update:

I got swamped and very little happened on my end. In the meantime,
Peter Gottschling has been working on his version of that library and
announced to me that it is near completion. I haven't had time to
review his work. However, I have little doubt that it is far superior
to uBLAS.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting