From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-08 16:15:55

Alex Ott wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I has following compilation error during compiling on intel mac - mac os x
> 10.4 with latest updates.

You did not say *what* you're compiling. I'm about to presume this
is SVN head.

> compiling with:
> # ./configure --prefix=/Users/ott/exp --without-icu
> # make BJAM_CONFIG="--layout=system"
>
> Errors are following:
>
> darwin.link.dll
> bin.v2/libs/filesystem/build/darwin/release/libboost_filesystem.dylib
> Jamfile</Users/ott/development/boost-head/libs/function_types/build>.wave
> /Users/ott/development/boost-head/libs/function_types/build/timestamps/arity_loops
> /bin/sh: line 2: chdir: command not found /bin/sh: line 3:
> /Users/ott/development/boost-head/dist/bin/wave: No such file or directory

Tobias, it appears that libs/function_types/build/Jamfile, written
by you, requires to have 'wave' built and installed to $BOOST_ROOT/dist.
In turn, top-level Jamroot sees your Jamfile and tries to build
whatever is there. I suspect this is not desired, so maybe you
can put a bunch of 'explicit' lines there so that targets are only
built when explicitly requested on command line?

- Volodya