From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-10 12:54:03

Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> Ion Gaztañaga wrote:
>
> It's not the first time I've seen this, and I still do not understand
> what the belief of template meta-programming causing bloat is based on.

I suppose that depends on the template handling mechanism the compiler
toolchain uses but I would expect that info to be erased at link time
(shared libraries can be also. Anyway, my affirmation is based on
"impressions" that might be false (the cause of the bloat might be
related to the instantiation and *use* of many different classes and
functions created using template techniques).

What it's clear is that compilation times are much higher, and I really
appreciate compilation times (more compilation time means less
programmer productivity).

I should definitely do some small tests to see if executable size is
actually increased. Thanks for the comment.

Regards,

Ion