From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-10 23:21:59

On 08/10/2007 09:21 PM, shunsuke wrote:
> Larry Evans wrote:
[snip]
>> For any Pipable Object p the following must be met:
>>
>> * x|p(x1,..,xN) is a valid expression if and only if
>> make_p(x, x1,..xN) is a valid expression.
>>
>> If p is actually, my_p, does this mean make_p in the above
>> constraint is actually make_my_p?
>
> Yes.
> For example,
> make_filtered(rng, pred) is a valid expression,
> because rng|filtered(pred) is stated as a valid expression.
>
>> I ask because, otherwise,
>> I don't see why there's any need to mention p(x1,...,xN).
>
> Sorry, I couldn't understand this sentence because of my poor english.
> What do "mention" exactly mean?

Or maybe you couldn't understand because of *my* poor english or
my poor way expressing what I meant. What I meant was that, using
your example, the following:

     rng|filtered(pred) is a valid expression if and only if
         make_p(rng,pred)

would be what you'd be saying if you'd meant make_p to be
literally make_p instead of the p in make_p actually being
the same sequence of characters as that naming the function
on the rhs of the | operator. I know, it's a lot of nit-picking,
but I just wanted to make sure.