From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-12 14:56:23

Stjepan Rajko wrote:
> On 8/10/07, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Discretization for the other series types is not useless. For sparse,
>> for example, it enforces that samples may only exist at offsets that are
>> a multiple of the discretization.
>>

> Does this apply to floating point series as well? If so, then it
> makes the discretized floating point case behave similarly to the
> integer offset case, i.e. the continuous range run is / can be reduced
> to a discrete set of points. If so, great.

Sorry, no. I was referring to series types with integral offsets, which
are by their nature discrete. Floating point offsets are not discrete.
For representing discrete data, a series with integral offsets is thee
way to go, perhaps with an interpolating facade for floating point
indexed access.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting