From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamboostorgtrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-13 05:13:15

Yuval Ronen <ronen_yuval <at> yahoo.com> writes:
> Andreas Huber wrote:
> > Since I believe that *all* users who care about warnings will disable
> > these in their code anyway, I think the most user-friendly approach is to
> > permanently disable them in the library header.
>
> BTW, the fact that all users who care about warnings will disable these
> in their code anyway, is an argument *against* disabling them
> permanently in the library header, not for it...

My wording is unclear, let me rephrase:

Since I believe that *all* users who care about warnings will *want* to disable
these in their code anyway, I think the most user-friendly approach is to
permanently disable them in the library header.

(Note the added "want")

> Why insist on being
> "rude" as Michael claimed (and I happen to agree with him) by forcing
> such decision on the user, if all users who care will make that decision
> anyway? If the answer here is "because I save the user from disabling
> these warning himself" then it's not true. The user will have to disable
> them himself because they appear all over the place, not only from the
> Boost.Statechart code.

I'm not sure whether that applies to the majority of the users. Anyway, as you
have pointed out: The permanent warning suppression might well be avoidable,
which would render this discussion obsolete.

--
Andreas Huber
from the address shown in the header.