From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-15 08:46:07

On Aug 15, 2007, at 8:11 AM, Larry Evans wrote:

> On 08/15/2007 06:39 AM, Douglas Gregor wrote:
> [snip]
>> I't s a bug in our build system. In particular, we're not passing the
>> compiler through to the "CompileTest" projects used for compile-only
>> tests. See, e.g., tools/build/CMake/CompileTest/CMakeLists.txt and
>> tools/build/CMake/BoostTesting.cmake.
>> Thanks for reporting this!
> Sure.
>>
>> Run-tests and run-fail tests should work fine.
>>
> Do you mean `ctest run-test` and `ctest run-fail`?

No, I mean tests that build actual executables and test whether they
run correctly. For example, libs/function/test/function_test.cpp
All of the MPL tests are compiled, but not executed. The Boost-CMake
reference documentation on the Trac describes these different kinds
of tests; the same test categories exist in BBv2.

> On another matter. I'm wondering where the executables are placed.
> I found the .o files with find:
>
> cd ~/prog_dev/boost-svn/ro/sandbox-branches/boost-cmake/
> find . -name \*.o
> ./build/tools/build/CMake/CompileTest/CMakeFiles/compile.dir/home/
> evansl/prog_dev/boost-svn/ro/sandbox-branches/boost-cmake/src/libs/
> mpl/test/copy.o
> /build/tools/build/CMake/CompileTest/CMakeFiles/compile.dir/home/
> evansl/prog_dev/boost-svn/ro/sandbox-branches/boost-cmake/src/libs/
> mpl/test/front.o
>
> However, I couldn't find the executables:

Because they don't exist. That's the point of the "compile" tests
that MPL uses. BBv2 does the same thing (Boost.Build always has).
        - Doug