From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-18 23:39:20

Jason Sankey wrote:
> I would like to add another possibility into the mix, if I may. I am a founder
> and developer at Zutubi (http://zutubi.com/).

Interesting. A few questions, after having a brief glance at your docs...

Would you say your product aims to cover the combined area that
Buildbot, build/test collection (CTest, Boost regression.py, Dartboard,
and partly Buildbot), and reporting (Dartboard, and Boost XSL reports)
encompass?

I see the server is a Java application. Do the agents also require Java?

Do you support client-to-server connection model for agents, instead of
the server-to-client one described in the docs?

Is there a description of the SQL DB schema available?

Is non-SCM build/testing supported? In particular, obtaining source
snapshots in the form of archives from a web server?

--Does the subversion change monitoring occur as a watchdog or as an svn
post-commit script? Or are both supported?-- Scratch that, found the
answer :-)

Do you have support for independent builders & testers to post results
outside of the master-agent framework?

Can a single executed recipe command sprout multiple result data points
without output post-processing?

Does the output post-processing happen on the client or server?

Are dynamic file artifacts supported? And by dynamic I mean a variable
set of generated files.

I'm a bit confused about your arrangement of projects, builds, and agents...

   * Is it possible to control which agents get particular builds?
   * Is it possible to to have sub-projects?
   * Can an agent performs builds for multiple projects?
   * Can one or more builds on one or more agents depend on the success
of one or more builds on one or more agents?

Is it possible to have dynamic builds? By this I mean builds for which
the commands, i.e. the recipe(s), change before or during the build itself.

Is it possible to add additional notification methods, for example IRC
or SMS? And how hard/easy would it be?

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything