From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-21 04:38:58

Looks good (invaluable even) to me.

1 "The implementation heavily relies on the capability of a compiler to perform EBO (the Empty Base-class Optimization). Lack of
this capability can decrease size (and possibly speed) performance of the generated code."

Do you mean Lack of this capability can *increase* size and decrease performance...??

You could be specific about what Borland option is needed for EBO.

2 I don't see any examples with floating-point. Does this mean that it is only suitable for integral types? Could a
floating-point type set to a NaN if out of bounds?

3 Some inline comments on the example could explain why some definitions are so verbose - for those who have yet to RTFM ;-)

4 Ready for review IMO.

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]