From: Iain Denniston (iain.denniston_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-21 16:09:25

> Have you seen the proposed "enum class" ? http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2007/n2347.pdf

No I hadn't seen that - cheers - looks very interesting. Certainly more
than capable of rectifying the issue I was looking at.

> Until/unless this is adopted, maybe some
> macro-magic could be used to implement it, e.g.
>
> ENUM_CLASS(foo) { ENUM(foo_1,1<<0) , ENUM(foo_2,1<<1) };
>
> This would need to expand to an enum wrapped in a class, as described
> in section 2.1 of the doc linked above. I'm not certain if this can be
> done with macros, but the Boost preprocessor library has lots of magic
> that would help.

Yeah I can see how that might work - I'll have a play around and see if
I can come up with anything, might well prove much more useful than my
original proposal anyway.

Cheers

IAIN