From: Yuval Ronen (ronen_yuval_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-22 08:05:21

Yuval Ronen wrote:
> Howard Hinnant wrote:
>
>> Because of this, it is
>> not possible (in the above use case) for there to be a set_mutex on
>> the condition to change the facade, since both facades are
>> simultaneously in use.
>
> Yes, I've realized that too late. My set_mutex() function is useless
> because it has to be atomic with the wait().

I've just thought that it might be not so useless after all. 'set_mutex'
is supposed to be called after the mutex was locked, and before calling
condition::wait. Because the mutex is locked, we are protected against
simultaneous use. There can be a problem when multiple readers lock for
read, and simultaneously call set_mutex, but if we assume they all set
the same mutex it shouldn't be a problem.