From: Jens Finkhäuser (jens_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-22 12:46:09

Hi!

I've been told by some lawyer at some point that while "Copyright <name>
2006 - 2007" is clear enough, it's "better" (for reasons I don't
understand, might have been told, but if so, forgot) to list each year
separately, i.e. "Copyright <name> 2006, 2007".

Also, there's no need to update copyrights unless you change the code.
That is, if it's written in 2006 and hasn't been modified in 2007, no
need to touch on the date.

Having said that, I'm not really involved in boost development, so I
can't speak for boost-specific preferences.

-- Jens