From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-22 18:48:10

Beman Dawes wrote:
> The Development and Release Practices trac wiki page has been updated.
> See http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ImprovingPractices

Suggestion for automated release testing criteria:

* Release is tested continuously until there are no regressions for each
release platform.

* The continuous release testing is restarted when new changes are
present from last regression free test point.

I think those two simple rules cover all the testing use cases and is
likely we can implement them either manually (through email exchanges),
or automated (for example with Buildbot). One particular case of
importance is that in the past some tests, irrespective of the quality
of the test platform, fail intermittently. Hence testing continuously
covers those situations.

One issue that this brings up is in how we choose the release platforms.
In the past it was an incremental choice. When the testing was clear for
a platform and the test machine was reliable the release manager would
deem the platform a release one. Is this approach still sufficient? And
regardless, we should document this choice.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything