From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-23 10:55:13

David Abrahams wrote:
> on Wed Aug 22 2007, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If the reason is to make the permissions easier to manage. Did you
>> consider a more traditional svn structure of:
>>
>> svn/boost/release/
>> trunk/ (boost-root)
>> tags/
>> RC_1_35_0_n/ (boost-root)
>> 1_35_0/ (boost-root)
>>
>> ??
>
> I don't understand what trunk/ is doing under release/
> The trunk itself will only rarely be the same as something we release, right?

Under Rene's scheme there are two trunk's - the development trunk and
the release trunk. Several people commented that they liked the
tradition "trunk" name rather than the "next" name I proposed. I agreed
with them, as I was finding the "next" name awkward.

Do you have a name you would find less confusing?

--Beman