From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-23 18:00:54

I continue to read, and re-read the document... I put in the macro to
show an outline since the page is getting long ;-)

Beman Dawes wrote:
> The Development and Release Practices trac wiki page has been updated.
> See http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ImprovingPractices

In the definitions there's the one for the prerequisite library
<http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ImprovingPractices#Prerequisitelibrary>.
  In reading that, and the places where it's mentioned, I think we can
generalize that to "prerequisite component" to account for prerequisite
tools. -- AFAIK most of the critical tools have accompanying tests now
and hence we can put some guards against really bad things happening --
Or add a "prerequisite tool" concept and some procedure for how those
are handled differently from "prerequisite libraries".

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything