From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-23 19:04:27

Rene Rivera wrote:
> Robert Ramey wrote:

>>> What if I want to create a tag unrelated to any release?
>
>> Like what? Truth is, it didn't occur to me that there would be any
>> reason to create tag other than for a release.
>
> Boost.Jam for example
> <http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/tags/jam>, or Boost.Build, or
> just about anything that is released on a different schedule than the
> Boost releases.

Ahhh - that's another one of my complaints. I would like to see
these things on the same "schedule" and release procedure as any
other component. That is it would be subject to the same release
procedure and be changed only as part of a release. These things
do have their own tests. The only think they are in directories
other than "libs" but everything else applies.

Robert Ramey