From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-24 11:42:40

Gottlob Frege wrote:
> So what is trunk for?

LOL - we've come full circle. Actually, I do see a use for the trunk.
Basically
it would be for those who don't want to do developement on a branch. This
could easily occur of the changes one wants to make are not very big. It
could be because one is just getting familiar with SVN and doesn't want
to muck things up. (easy to do). It could be because the developer has
his local copy on his machine and the changes he's making are going to
last a short time so he doesn't want/need to create temporary branch.

In short, the trunk would be the default development branch for
those that don't want/need a separate branch.

Of course, this raises the question - What is the point of testing
on the trunk?

Robert Ramey