From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-25 09:50:56

I've set up a couple of my development branches in SVN. See the attached
screenshot of the Boost.System branch.

It wasn't entirely clear how to cope with the fact that typical boost
libraries have several sections. For example, Boost.System has one
header in boost-root/boost, other headers in boost-root/boost/system,
and then the rest of the library in boost-root/libs/system.

I've currently got the filesystem branch organized like this:

/svn/boost/branches/libs/
                       system/
                          boost/
                             system/...
                          system/
                             build/...
                             doc/...
                             src/...
                             test/...

That works, but I'm wondering if it would be more consistent to have
organized it like this:

/svn/boost/branches/libs/
                       system/
                          boost/
                             system/...
                          libs/
                             system/
                               build/...
                               doc/...
                               src/...
                               test/...

In other words, organized the sub-tree under
/svn/boost/branches/libs/system exactly the same way the trunk is
organized. That might be easier for others to understand. I also wonder
if it has any advantages as far as various SVN operations go.

Opinions?

--Beman

screenshot.png