From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-26 12:01:57

>> Then for common pp-symbols we add:
>>
>> #define BOOST_WORKAROUND_GUARD_BOOST_MSVC !defined(BOOST_MSVC)
>>
>> And hopefully the warnings get suppressed: at least in the common cases.
>
> Looks good to me. In which non-error cases would it fail to suppress
> the warning?

It wouldn't suppress the warning if you use BOOST_WORKAROUND with a macro
name it doesn't know about: but it would at least still do the right thing
(where as the original suggestion wouldn't have done so). That's the idea
anyway, needs testing locally etc... I'll wait till the regression tests
are back on line in any case before taking this any further.

John.