From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-28 15:51:00

On 8/28/07, Paul A Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Are either of these crimes that could be prevented by SVN pre-commit rules?

Definitely. There are already some user-contributed hook scripts that
ship with the Subversion sources that do even more complex checks than
this, like one that "normalizes" all filenames to lowecase and looks
for conflicts (e.g. README and ReadMe in the same directory would be
disallowed). I am sure writing a simple check like filename.lower()
== filename or filename.length() < N should be pretty simple.

Attached is my simplistic attempt at this, adapted from the skeleton
pre-commit-check Python script that ships with the Subversion sources.
 Not sure what the correct maximum filename limit is - I chose 32.

--
Caleb Epstein