From: Andrew Sutton (asutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-31 09:57:44

Sorry, this is a repost - I forgot to specify the subject correctly.

Has anybody tried building any quickbook docs lately? I updated
yesterday (and again today) and found that I can't build any of the
docs that I've been working on - or any of the other docs in sandbox/
doc_test.

It looks like something is broken with the boostbook build
instructions. This is (basically) my Jamfile.

using quickbook ;

xml std : std.qbk ;

boostbook standalone
     :
         std
     : .... ;

Running it, I get this:

/.../boost/tools/build/v2/build/virtual-target.jam:1017: in virtual-
target.register-actual-name from module virtual-target
error: Duplicate name of actual target: <pbin/gcc-4.1.2/debug>std.xml
error: previous virtual target { quickbook%quickbook.quickbook-to-
boostbook-std.xml.XML { std.qbk.QUICKBOOK } }
error: created from ./std
error: another virtual target { quickbook%quickbook.quickbook-to-
boostbook-std.xml.XML { std.qbk.QUICKBOOK } }
error: created from ./std
error: added properties: <python-debugging>off
error: removed properties: none

If I comment out the boostbook target, the build will actually
succeed, so the problem has to be something with the boostbook - and
its something that has to have changed in the last week or so.[

Anybody have any ideas?

Andrew Sutton
asutton_at_[hidden]