From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-09 21:50:35

on Thu Sep 06 2007, Jason Sankey <jason-AT-zutubi.com> wrote:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>> on Wed Sep 05 2007, Jason Sankey <jason-AT-zutubi.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Certainly, this is the idea in general. Software development teams are
>>> usually capable of creating their own automated build system, but it
>>> costs a lot of labour that is better spent on other things. The only
>>> real advantage to rolling your own is the complete customisability. I
>>> am confident that a lot of what you need will come out of the box with
>>> Pulse. Also, since part of the idea from our end is to push the
>>> boundaries of Pulse, we will be available to add features that are required.
>>>
>>> I can't promise immediate addition of all requested features (it is
>>> clearly not practical) but if there are showstoppers we will address
>>> them.
>>
>> The main things that absolutely need to be there are:
>>
>> 1. support for the explicit/expected failure markup that is currently
>> stored at http://boost.org/status/explicit-failures-markup.xml and
>> integrated with our results display as described in my
>> posting at the beginning of this part of the thread.
>
> OK, as indicated this would need to be added. I will look into this
> after I have an initial server running.

Great, looking forward to this.

For what it's worth, making results reporting reliable has become a
critical problem for us, so the faster you can do get something
working, the better. And, if there's going to be a problem, please let
us know ASAP so we can start investigating other solutions right away.

Thanks again,

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting