From: Niels Dekker - mail address until 2008-12-31 (nd_mail_address_valid_until_2008-12-31_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-14 05:50:49

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:
> The SVN head of boost/utility/value_init.hpp produces a
> Visual C++ 7.1 ICE (see below) when compiling some of
> our Boost.Python extensions.

Thanks for reporting the ICE caused by the MSVC workaround I committed
last week! My apologizes! I didn't know about this issue. The ICE did
not occur when doing the unit tests (value_init_test.cpp).

Your patch:
> Simply inlining get() didn't work. The ICE only went away
> after I changed (*static_cast<T*>(ptr)).T::~T()
> static_cast<T*>(ptr)->T::~T()

Does the ICE also occur when using the destructor of the other base
class, const_T_base? If so, it would need a similar patch.

I will take a closer look later today, or otherwise tomorrow. And I'll
contact Fernando Cacciola, the creator and maintainer of the file.

Thanks again,

--
Niels Dekker
http://www.xs4all.nl/~nd/dekkerware