From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-14 18:37:43

Doug Gregor wrote:
> The upgradeable_mutex_test test in the interprocess library is
> deadlocking on sun-5.8 (Sparc).
>
> This kind of problem is breaking our regression testing too often.
> It's not Ion's fault: the regression testing needs to be robust
> against this kind of failure. On Windows, we have the built-monitor
> option to kill stuck processes. On Unix, we could just set the ulimit
> and be done with it... but how to integrate this into bjam/BBv2?

I have never tested Interprocess on a sparc machine. The only test I've
done is using Sun 5.10 x86 on a virtual machine. Sparc should use
pthread mutexes and conditions so I don't see what can be wrong there
that does not affect other posix platforms. Thanks for reporting it.
I'll try to pass some more tests on my virtual machine version to see if
I can guess something.

Regards,

Ion