From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-21 15:01:59

Achilleas Margaritis wrote:
> Is there an STL implementation without this problem? perhaps STLPort? I
> have to try it myself, but if anyone knows, please tell me.

Here is the discussion that I had on the libstdc++ list when I was
trying to understand this issue:

At that time, the Roguewave STL was said to definitely support
allocator::pointer, as was the Dinkumware library though there were
some caveats about that IIRC.

Since then, Ion has written his Boost.Interprocess containers (which
are in boost svn, but not yet in a released version of boost).

At the end of the thread that I link to above, Matt Austern points out
some of the difficulties of implementing allocator::pointer. It boils
down to this: "nobody has spelled out precisely what requirements
my_allocator<T>::pointer must satisfy".

Regards,

Phil.