From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-01 19:52:51

Marco Costalba wrote:
> I wanted to add the final touch, from :

[snip]

> But i have a strange compile error.

As I said in my other post, it's better not to rely on mpl or
fusion for low level libs like this. I gave a proof of
concept. The challenge is to make it complete. The ideal is
to:

1) Not rely on any libraries at all except boost.function
whereby making it trim and clean (it's ok to use Boost PP**).
Yep, you can get rid of the need for tuples, but if that
makes it too painful, I guess it's ok to use it. It's a fairly
simple class anyway.
2) Another challenge is to make it usable on as many compilers
as possible. The first ideal is more important that this one.
Perhaps it's ok to forget antiquated compilers without partial
specialization, etc.

(**You'll still have to expand the overload_function(s) for
N arguments, where N is the maximum the library can handle)

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com