From: John Femiani (JOHN.FEMIANI_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-02 13:24:38

Count me as interested in any attempt at a free generic geometry
library.

Is this purely 'rectilinear' -- I mean, when you say polygons do you
mean any kind of polygon or only the kinds of polygons formed by the
union of axis-aligned rectangles? Could I find the intersection of a
star and a triangle?

Others have put forth some geometry library ideas here and I have not
seen one take-off; for instance to my knowledge boosters have not even
agreed on spatial point or vector classes or concepts. I personally
simply want boost to accept a library with these fundamentals, so people
can submit algorithms to the library over time and code I develop using
these concepts will be compatible.

I also suspect that CGAL (which apparently is not as free as boost) is
making people feel like they have to do way too much in a geometry
library.

-- John