From: Austin Bingham (abingham_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-03 10:39:41

On 2007-10-03, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> on Sun Sep 30 2007, "Phil Endecott" <spam_from_boost_dev-AT-chezphil.org> wrote:
>
>> Is "exception" the best choice of name for this library?
>
> I think the functionality of this library may be too specific to be
> given such a general name.

This was my main concern with the library, as well. As it stands,
the library consists primarily of a method for attaching
data to objects at runtime. This is a neat, well-thought-out
capability that I can imagine would be useful outside the realm
of exceptions. If this library were renamed (though a really good
name isn't coming to mind right now), it could of course still be
used in any future boost exception lib.

--
Austin Bingham