From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-04 16:55:17

It looks like I'm going to be the release manager for 1.35.0.

It has always taken more than one person to get a release together. With
1.35.0, we'd like to formalize that notion a bit more by putting
together a "release team". The rationale being:

     * Ensure that several people are empowered to deal with release
       issues as they arise, so that progress does not stall if the
       release manager is busy or otherwise unavailable.

     * Ensure that someone is focusing on each of the several critical
       aspects of release management. We want to avoid fixating on, say,
       test results, to the detriment of other areas like documentation
       and the web site.

     * Spread the workload.

     * Spread the glory:-)

Thus I'd like volunteers to step forward for the following tasks.
Collectively this group will be the "release management team". In a few
instances I've suggested someone to fill the role.

     * Test manager. Keep the tests running. Make sure we've got the
       coverage we need. (Rene?)

     * Regression manager. Make sure tests either pass or are marked
       up. Keep an eye on test results, pester developers, make
       "revert" recommendations for libraries not making the cut.

     * Webmaster. Work on non-library portions of the web site.
       (Rene? Beman?)

     * Release build manager. Maintain the scripts that actually
       generate a release. Practice release builds. Issue the release
       candidates, and then the final release. (Thomas?)

     * Docs manager. Head up the docs team. Keep the auto-generated
       docs working smoothly. (Stjepan?)

     * Moderation. The Boost moderators, as always, are the final
       arbitrators. (Dave, Doug, Jeff, John, Beman)

Volunteers?

--Beman