From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-05 14:19:33

Boris Gubenko wrote:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>> *No* It only means that for the 1.35.0 release we are only testing on
>> platforms where enough testing resources have been contributed, and are
>> running reliably.
>
> I've been running Boost tests on HP-UX/acc (full, non-incremental test
> run) on a daily basis for more than a year, with a few exceptions: for
> example, this weekend, the lab machines will be shut down for
> infrastructure upgrade. This is what allowed HP-UX/acc to become a
> release platform in 1.34.
>
> Since you did not include HP-UX/acc in the list of release compilers
> for 1.35.0, you, probably, think that this platform does not have
> "enough testing resources". What makes you think so?

I started with a small list that I know can be supported because I've
personally got easy access to the systems involved. As I said in other
posts, I'm willing to add a few more. But I'm concerned about systems
with only one tester. In those cases I'd like someone to step forward
(as you seem to be doing) and volunteer to ensure tests run regularly.

Can you test on both trunk and release branch? Or do you know someone
who can test the release branch? Incremental tests are OK.

--Beman