From: Martin Lütken (mlu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-09 06:09:32

I am trying to make the very first example in serialization work:
http://www.boost.org/libs/serialization/doc/index.html (A Very Simple Case)

I get linker errors about missing destructor :
boost::archive::detail::basic_pointer_oserializer::~basic_pointer_oserializer(void)
And similar errors.

It seems the implementation of this destructor, which is declared in:
boost/boost/archive/detail/basic_pointer_oserializer.hpp
For some reason is implemented in:
boost/libs/serialization/src/basic_pointer_oserializer.cpp

The first obvious question is offcourse: Why is the implementation not under : boost/boost/archive/src/basic_pointer_oserializer.cpp ?

Other questen is why is the "basic_pointer_oserializer.cpp" file not listed anywhere in the jamfiles? I can only find it in the vc71 solution provided in the serialization lib.

I am aware that it might work if I use the official jambuilt libraries, but we really want to use our own Cmake files instead of Jam.
I suppose I could just add the files like "basic_pointer_oserializer.cpp" to my
Cmake files along with others that probably contains implemetations of other linker errors I get. Just its' still strange to me why they are not needed in the original jamfiles.

-Martin Lutken