From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-18 10:46:47

Peter Dimov wrote:
> Jeff Garland wrote:
>
>> n2320 proposal includes both relative and absolute timeouts for the
>> condition variables.
>
> It does? I only see
>
> bool timed_wait(lock_type& lock, const utc_time& abs_time);
> template <class Predicate>
> bool timed_wait(lock_type& lock, const utc_time& abs_time, Predicate
> pred);
>
> in
>
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2007/n2320.html#ConditionVariablesWording
>
> and N2406 follows suit:
>
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2007/n2406.html#cond_var_synop

I stand correct -- I think it was 'supposed to' ;-) Sorry, I've seen various
revisions of this paper some of which in my recollection had relative time
interfaces. So let me say it another way: I believe a relative time interface
should be offered here in addition to the absolute time. So I'm not sure what
happened there -- Howard may have talked me out of it somehow or maybe it was
accidentally dropped...

Jeff