From: Jens Seidel (jensseidel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-18 18:11:42

Hi,

I tried to compile most of Boost's code from trunk by including all
header files (except */detail/* ones as I noticed that these are
internal ones) together with a int main() {} body :-)

I still need to improve my script a little bit but nevertheless I found
still many errors and a few warnings.

I attached a patch which fixes the most obvious ones. Affected
libraries:

archive asio bimap circular_buffer date_time format fusion logic numeric

and

token_functions.hpp (don't know to which library it belongs).

I used the following g++ snapshot
 g++ (Debian 20070916-1) 4.3.0 20070916 (experimental) [trunk revision 128522]
with the flags
 -Wall -pedantic -Wno-uninitialized -Wcast-align -Wpointer-arith -Wextra

I really wonder why broken code can be committed. I will try to automate
my test even more so that a svn pre commit hook script can be used ...

If there are questions about the compiler output without the patch I can
send you the necessary information.

PS: I hope this is the right list. The "Welcome to the \"Boost\" mailing
list" mail contained "This list is for discussion of the www.boost.org web
site and its contents." and nothing about development of Boost.

Jens