From: Michael Held (michael.held_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-19 04:34:43

hi folks,

what is planned for GIL in terms of image processing/analysis
algorithms. (I haven't seen anything in svn)
there might be night-long discussions about which algorithms are
"standard" and should belong to GIL and which not.

working more than three years with VIGRA I would miss most of its basic
and sophisticated algorithms when migrating to boost::GIL. nobody wants
to implement image labeling, seeded region growing or basic morphology
again and again.

I know that for most algorithms more or less efficient (sometimes even
patented) versions exist and most image analysis experts will write
their own.
for a broader majority of people a basic repertoire of algorithms will
ease the daily work-flow a lot.

one idea could be to port some of VIGRAs algorithms to GIL?!

cheers,
michael