From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-19 12:34:35

Ion Gaztañaga:
> Peter Dimov escribió:
> > Last I looked at the various implementations, most of the routines did
> > not
> > provide these guarantees, though.
>
> Willing to help on these implementations? We also need to write our own
> versions to avoid license issues with the original Apache implementation
> (basically we need our implementation of gcc Intel & PowerPC asm
> versions).

There are various sp_counted_base implementations in boost/detail that can
be used as a starting point. But if you want help for the implementation,
you need to specify an interface first. I'm not particularly fond of

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2007/n2393.html

preferring something along the lines of

http://open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2007/n2195.html

but no matter what (if any) style you choose to follow, you need to be
explicit about the constraints. At the very least, the functions should
contain the constraint as a suffix, i.e. atomic_add_acqrel instead of
atomic_add.