From: Corrado Zoccolo (czoccolo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-20 16:19:10

On 10/20/07, Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> So, is this more a boost::any with SBO or a boost::optional that can
> store polymorphic types if necessary?

I haven't looked at boost::any implementation yet, but I guess it is based
on the same recipe as boost::function, so I think that what you need can be
implemented easily with optional_poly as a basic tool.

It seems to me like it is the latter. That sounds useful, but right now
> I'd need the former.

I will work on some sample code to show how it can be obtained, and come
back.

Corrado

Sebastian Redl