From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-23 10:55:53

Most of the bigger infrastructure issues that were getting in the way
have now been solved. The tarballs are working again, the missing files
in the release/branch have been found, and both trunk and release branch
regression reporting is cycling smoothly.

There are still some outstanding testing issues, but they are at the
level of individual test platforms rather than the whole testing system.

Both developers and patch submitters have been active, so it isn't like
we are starting from scratch, but the emphasis for release management is
shifting to focus on reducing test failures in individual libraries.

Looking at the regression test results, I'd like to call attention to
these failures:

     conversion: lexical_cast_loopback_test on many platforms

     graph: csr_graph_test on many platforms

     python: import_ on many platforms

     range: iterator_range and sub_range on many platforms

     typeof: experimental_* on many platforms

These are particularly worrisome from the release management standpoint
because they affect many platforms and because I'm not seeing any
attempts to fix or markup by their developers.

For many of the other failures that affect a lot of key platforms, the
developers are actively committing fixes on a regular basis so I assume
these failures will be fixed or marked up in the near future.

I'll be traveling Thursday through Tuesday, and will start moving
libraries to the release branch when I get back.

--Beman