From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-02 16:27:42

on Fri Nov 02 2007, "Phil Endecott" <spam_from_boost_dev-AT-chezphil.org> wrote:

> - The pthread_cancel functionality in glibc has cancellation points at
> blocking system calls, which is essential to me and I imagine to many
> people. But it doesn't throw catchable exceptions, which some people
> would like (but I don't need).

For what it's worth, both of the following will break previously
exception-safe code:

* The introduction of unwinding to (system) calls that are currently
  specified to be nonthrowing (e.g. fopen).

* The introduction of an uncatchable exception.

Just something to keep in mind.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting