From: Philipp Henkel (threadpool_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-05 14:44:04

Hi all,

I was amazed about the huge interest in my threadpool lib in the last week.
:-) Currently, it looks like there's a strong demand for having a thread
pool included in boost.
Anthony would like to add futures and a pool to boost::thread. I think this
is a very good idea for two reasons. First, any boost thread pool should be
based on boost::thread. This means platform independence for free. It does
not make much sense to separate the libs because the threadpool part is
small and requires the boost::thread binaries anyway.
Second, we don't need a boost project setup for my lib. I guess it's much
easier to integrate with boost::threads than to prepare a stand-alone
library.

Please let me know your opinions.

Regards,
Philipp