From: AlisdairM (nntp.alisdairm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-06 08:41:11

Peter Dimov wrote:

> reference_wrapper::operator() needs result_of, and result_of would
> likely introduce a dependency into Boost.Bind on the PP library, the
> MPL, type traits, and everything underneath. The change may be worth
> it even at this cost, but it's not a no-brainer. It might be nicer if
> we could devise a way to deliver this functionality in a cost-free
> manner though, perhaps only in tr1::reference_wrapper?

One 'cheap' solution might be to enable it for compilers implementing
C++0x features.

For instance, decltype and variadic templates would appear to solve
most the dependency dependency and PP problems - although I'm not sure
what is involved in adding support for unary_function/binary_function
dependency for one and two argument functions.

--
AlisdairM