From: Guillaume Melquiond (guillaume.melquiond_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-08 11:20:01

Le jeudi 08 novembre 2007 à 10:01 -0600, Rene Rivera a écrit :
> Perhaps. But this is sounding to me as just a semantic disagreement. You
> want to define the 1.35.0 milestone as the "prospective set of issues
> that may be part of the 1.35.0 release". And I prefer to define it as
> "the set of issues that are part of the 1.35.0 release". I don't
> actually care which definition one picks, and if the first one is a
> better use of milestones then the latter is fine. Just make sure to
> describe the milestone (in trac) to make it clear that it's a
> prospective determination. But I would still like to have some
> representation of what issues are address that are already part of the
> release branch. So maybe we need a new milestone just for that?

I have not followed the discussion closely, so I am probably missing
something, but why a new milestone? Unless I'm mistaken, issues that are
"fixed", "closed", and with a "1.35" milestone, are precisely issues
that will be fixed in the release (unless the relevant patches are
reverted). So I don't understand the need for a new milestone.

Best regards,

Guillaume