From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-10 05:10:22

Daniel Lord wrote:
> I already tried the users list for Boost so I am cross-posting this.
> When I perform an "out-of-the-box" build on my Macbook Pro (Intel
> dual core) on Leopard (10.5) i get a motley collection of ppc and
> intel binaries that are useless on my Intel-based system unless I
> want to use the dynamic libraries only.

Daniel, I don't know anything about Darwin, but if you add -d2 to the bjam
invocation then it'll print the actual command lines used and give you a
chance to diagnose what's going on (if you're building via configure/make
then you'll have to edit the makefile to do this). Actually if you just
extract the bjam invocation from the makefile and then add the
building anything.

Also remember that the regex library is "just a bunch of sources", you can
build it anyway you want using any tool you want (or add the source directly
to your project if you'd rather). The source is in libs/regex/src BTW.
Most other Boost libraries are the same too.

HTH, John.