From: John Torjo (john.groups_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-12 04:19:05

Hi Stjepan,

This looks like a very interesting library. Indeed, by looking at the
docs, they need more work :)

I guess I'm a bit short sighted, because in my mind, the process should
be *extremely* simple:

There would be a "processor" - to which you pass this data.

The processor passes this to the left-most component (that is, the one
that processes the first input).
The left-most component processes it - lets say, in its operator(). When
operator() finishes, the left-most component has processed the input and
has generated one or more outputs.
The processor will take those output(s), and pass them on, to the next
components, and so on.

At the end, there will be some output(s).

In my mind, that should be all.

Connecting the "dots" should be *extremely* simple.
(note: I don't really understand why you make usage of
DATAFLOW_PORT_TRAITS... and other macros).

Best,
John

--
http://John.Torjo.com -- C++ expert
... call me only if you want things done right