From: Jens Seidel (jensseidel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-18 15:58:29

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 12:29:16PM -0800, Eric Niebler wrote:
> Boost.range has a pile of work-arounds that made it "work" on old
> compilers that don't do partial template specialization. Nobody is
> testing those compilers anymore, so it's not surprising that those
> work-arounds are now broken. To wit, the following program:
>
> #include <boost/range/iterator_range.hpp>
>
> int main()
> {}
>
> fails to compile on VC6. If nobody is interested in these old compilers,

I tried to compile all headers using a g++ 4.3 snapshot and noticed no
problems except:
boost/range/mfc.hpp: error: afx.h: No such file or directory
boost/range/atl.hpp: error: atldef.h: No such file or directory
boost/range/sub_range.hpp: error: missing binary operator before token "("

The last error is fixed by including <boost/detail/workaround.hpp>. The
first two include header files I do not know and probably belong to a
non-free system I would never use. I suggest to test for this stupid
system (if my assumption is true) to get proper error messages.

Jens