From: shunsuke (pstade.mb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-19 20:33:04

Eric Niebler wrote:
> Interesting, Adobe stayed away from output ranges, too. Also interesting
> that the algos that take 2 input sequences (e.g., transform) take a
> range and an iterator instead of two ranges. That's another thorny
> issue. I went the other way, I think. Does Adobe has a design rational
> for these algos?

My rationale was that "if an algorithm doesn't need a range, you don't need to pass a range.".
So, Oven went the same way as adobe.
If you need bounds-checking, a range adaptor `checked` is useful.
After all, you don't need to be worried about algorithms which will be obsolete. :-)

--
Shunsuke Sogame